Here we go again. Another school year means we go on with history. It’s hard to believe, but we have reached the year 1600 in our studies. On our first day of school this year, we read Chapter 1 of Volume 3 in Story of the World by Susan Wise Bauer.
I don’t know why the layout is slightly different but it does not matter. It’s the same basic format:
- I read a chapter out loud from the main book, which contains the actual “stories”
- They color a picture which I copy from the Activity Book
- We work on the map provided for that chapter in the Activity Book
- We do a craft suggested, if I feel up to it
- We read a suggested title, optional