What do you want for Christmas? I hope you get what you wish for. Here are my wishes:
1. Health for everybody in the family. Right now, my daughter is complaining of ear aches and is coughing at night. My son just finished his cold. I am still struggling with a bit of a cough myself.
2. Patience with my children and myself. I certainly need it as we homeschool and enjoy each other’s company 24/7.
3. Peace on earth, good will among men. You know how that goes.
4. Good weather so we can spend some time outside every day throughout the winter. Fresh air does wonders for the mind and the body, but freezing cold air does not appeal to me at all.
5. Last but not least, I wish for a less ambitious agenda. I am guilty of putting too much on my own plate and burning out like a candle in the wind. (Sorry, Elton John!)
Which brings me to my next point. I started knitting again. My mom taught me when I was a child, but I did not keep it up. For some reason, I decided to pick up a couple of books from the library so I can learn knitting terminology in English and get some simple projects underway.
Since then, I have knitted two pairs of slippers, a pair of leg warmers, and – don’t laugh! – a bean bag for the kids’ corn hole game. My daughter uses it as a pillow for her stuffed Panda, but at least it’s being used, right?
I will have to return with some pictures and simple patterns. There I go again, making more work for myself. There goes #5 above…