According to my umbrella school coordinator, homeschooling moms should keep themselves fresh by reading at least one or two books – an in-service for homeschool moms per year. Take 30 minutes in the morning, before your household wakes up, and read these books to strengthen your outlook on homeschooling. At some point, you will want to start reading the classic books of Western Civilization, if you have not read them before children (see #1 and #4 below).
Please note that I am an Amazon affiliate. Here’s a link to my aStore with all the books listed below.
1. Well-Educated Mind by Susan Wise Bauer
2. Well-Trained Mind by Susan Wise Bauer
3. The Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling by Debra Bell
4. How to Read a Book: The Classic Guide to Intelligent Reading by Mortimer Adler
5. The Original Homeschooling Series by Charlotte Mason Continue reading